Dago Beda – CEO
Dago Beda joined the Royal Government of Bhutan, Department of Tourism, Sales and Marketing Manager as the first graduate and the first female officer.After the privatization of tourism Dago together with two colleagues from the tourism department started Etho Metho Tours & Treks in 1990. She was instrumental in framing the policy of the Bhutanese Tourism Industry which is still in place today i.e. high value–low impact policy. Being an entrepreneur by nature, she has set up and invested in numerous business ventures. She is also on the board of many organizations. Dago is considered one of the pioneers of her generation and many younger women look up to her as a role model – a successful career woman in Bhutan. She is a loving mother of three children.
- Etho Metho Tours and Treks Pvt. Ltd. http://www.bhutanethometho.com
- Etho Metho Primary School (400 children)
- Etho Metho Cable (the first Cable TV distribution company in Bhutan)
- Etho Metho Construction Company Pvt. Ltd.
- Saga Metho Travel
- Real Estate and Shopping Malls
- Visa Processing Center in collaboration with VFS Global
- PUM (Netherlands Senior Expert) to assist Bhutanese SMEs https://www.pum.nl
- Vice President / Royal Society for the Protection of Nature (RSPN) http://www.rspnbhutan.org
- Nominated by IFC to represent the business community of Asia at the G-20 meeting in Washington D.C.
- Nominated as one of the torch bearers for the UN Millennium Development Goal 2015 to promote gender equality and empower women
- Board Director / Major shareholder of Bhutan National Bank Ltd. (first private bank) http://www.bnb.bt
- Board Director / Promoter of Bhutan Times Ltd. (first private newspaper)
- Board Director / Trustee of Loden Foundation http://www.loden.org
- Vice President / ABCO (Association of Bhutanese Cable TV Operators)
- Board Director / READ Global Bhutan http://www.readglobal.org/our-work/read-bhutan
- Board Director / Kidu Foundation http://www.kidufoundation.org
Jochu Dorji – Director
Nim Gyaltshen – Director
T.Sangay Wangchuk – Director
As a college student Sangay dreamt of travelling through every nook of Bhutan. His dreams were realized when he joined Etho Metho as a guide in 1991. His field expertise drew him to work at the office where he trained numerous guides and wrote countless tour documents for the company. Sangay’s passion for Bhutan’s culture and ecology is expressed in his book, “Seeing with the Third Eye: With Grandma in Rural Bhutan”. In 2008, Sangay became one of the partners of the company. He still guides walking and spiritual trips. On the personal side, he is pursuing agro-tourism with a pilot project on his farm in Punakha.