Cultural ToursOur cultural tours introduce visitors to unique aspects of Mahayana Buddhist culture, including various religious festivals and pilgrimage sites. Whichever tour you select, you will enjoy fascinating excursions to villages, temples and scenic spots for a closer look at a culture and a land which remains the most unspoiled and beautiful example of the traditional Himalayan way of life in existence today.
TrekkingThe scope for trekking in Bhutan is immense – from short walks to arduous treks. The very moment you step off the road to start your trek you will be totally de-linked from the stressful sights and sounds of urban life. Instead, you will enjoy views of snowcapped peaks, dense forested hillsides and river valleys, and the sounds of birds and gushing streams.
Special Intrest Tours
- Bird Watching
- Alpine Flowers / Botanical Tours
- Handicrafts & Textile
- Fly Fishing
- Kayaking & Rafting
- Mountain Biking
- Shamanism /Animist Tours / Eco Tours
- Buddhist Teachings & Meditation (Introductory & Refresher)
AccommodationWhen you travel with Etho Metho, you can be sure that your accommodation in lodges, guest houses, smaller hotels and tented camps will be up to the best available. All accommodations used by Etho Metho are certified by the Tourism Council of Bhutan.
TransportationWe have a well maintained and an up to date fleet of 20 Toyota vehicles, comprising of coaches seating 18-20 people and smaller vans seating 2 to 5 people. Our drivers are competent professionals with over 10 years of driving experience on the small winding roads of Bhutan.
GuidesAll our tours are escorted by well trained and knowledgeable local guides fluent in English. We will try our best to provide Japanese, German and French speaking guides. All our guides are certified and licensed by the Tourism Council of Bhutan.
CateringEtho Metho’s professionally trained and experienced catering team will accompany you on the treks. All members of our catering team are certified and licensed by the Tourism Council of Bhutan. When travelling with Etho Metho, you can be confident that we are totally focused on making your Bhutan experience a culturally rich and spiritually rewarding odyssey. Contact Us
Dago Beda – CEO
Dago Beda joined the Royal Government of Bhutan, Department of Tourism, Sales and Marketing Manager as the first graduate and the first female officer.After the privatization of tourism Dago together with two colleagues from the tourism department started Etho Metho Tours & Treks in 1990. She was instrumental in framing the policy of the Bhutanese Tourism Industry which is still in place today i.e. high value–low impact policy. Being an entrepreneur by nature, she has set up and invested in numerous business ventures. She is also on the board of many organizations. Dago is considered one of the pioneers of her generation and many younger women look up to her as a role model – a successful career woman in Bhutan. She is a loving mother of three children.
- Etho Metho Tours and Treks Pvt. Ltd. http://www.bhutanethometho.com
- Etho Metho Primary School (400 children)
- Etho Metho Cable (the first Cable TV distribution company in Bhutan)
- Etho Metho Construction Company Pvt. Ltd.
- Saga Metho Travel
- Real Estate and Shopping Malls
- Visa Processing Center in collaboration with VFS Global
- PUM (Netherlands Senior Expert) to assist Bhutanese SMEs https://www.pum.nl
- Vice President / Royal Society for the Protection of Nature (RSPN) http://www.rspnbhutan.org
- Nominated by IFC to represent the business community of Asia at the G-20 meeting in Washington D.C.
- Nominated as one of the torch bearers for the UN Millennium Development Goal 2015 to promote gender equality and empower women
- Board Director / Major shareholder of Bhutan National Bank Ltd. (first private bank) http://www.bnb.bt
- Board Director / Promoter of Bhutan Times Ltd. (first private newspaper)
- Board Director / Trustee of Loden Foundation http://www.loden.org
- Vice President / ABCO (Association of Bhutanese Cable TV Operators)
- Board Director / READ Global Bhutan http://www.readglobal.org/our-work/read-bhutan
- Board Director / Kidu Foundation http://www.kidufoundation.org
Jochu Dorji – Director
Jochu worked in the Department of Tourism as well and joined his tourism colleagues Dago and Nim to form the company. With an excellent eye for details and numbers, Jochu has managed the company’s finances for over 18 yrs and is known for keeping a tight string on the finances. Besides being a partner in the tour company, Jochu is also into the real estate business. He is one person who loves to maintain a healthy lifestyle and enjoys playing archery.
Nim Gyeltshen – Director
Nim also worked in the Department of Tourism. He was an avid trekker and has done most of the challenging treks in Bhutan including the arduous Snowman Trek. After the company was formed, Nim concentrated more on the operations of the company. Nim retired from Etho Metho Tours & Treks in 2010 but still remains a silent partner and a board member. Today Nim is an enthusiastic mountain biker. He has participated in many mountain bike races in the country. He has won several awards from bike & marathon races. Nim enjoys biking through the stunning rural countryside and villages. His other business ventures include the Hankook Tyre dealership, Giant Bike dealership, real estate, and an archery shop.
T.Sangay Wangchuk – Director
As a college student Sangay dreamt of travelling through every nook of Bhutan. His dreams were realized when he joined Etho Metho as a guide in 1991. His field expertise drew him to work at the office where he trained numerous guides and wrote countless tour documents for the company. Sangay’s passion for Bhutan’s culture and ecology is expressed in his book, “Seeing with the Third Eye: With Grandma in Rural Bhutan”. In 2008, Sangay became one of the partners of the company. He still guides walking and spiritual trips. On the personal side, he is pursuing agro-tourism with a pilot project on his farm in Punakha.